LED LIGHT FITTINGS
We believe that our manufacturer’s warranty is your assurance of our quality and reliability. Therefore, all our products are covered as standard by our three-to-five-year product guarantee. All our products come with a unique One-year onsite warranty as standard, that is backed by our own in-house team of NIC-approved electricians that cover the whole of the UK. Rest assured that you will not be left in the dark should you have any issues with your lighting.
This document sets forth the warranty policy of the Signature LED Lighting (sales) organisation from which you (‘Purchaser’) purchase your professional LED light fittings. This policy is applicable only to Signature branded professional LED lamps (‘Products’) purchased within Europe.
This warranty policy is subject to the provisions as set forth herein and is subject to the terms and conditions attached to this document (Warranty Terms and Conditions).
This warranty policy only applies if referred to in a sales agreement between Signature and the Purchaser and it will replace the standard warranty clause provided in the Signature's general terms and conditions of sale.
a) Warranty policy
Subject to the provisions as set forth in the Warranty Terms and Conditions and as set forth hereunder, Purchaser receives the warranty for the applicable period, as described in table 1 under here.
b) Special Conditions
• The warranty period starts on the date of invoice.
• The warranty period is based on the burning behaviour of max. 4000hrs/year at an ambient temperature of 25 °C with 100mm spacing.
• By default, Purchaser receives above mentioned ‘standard warranty’. On request, an ‘extended warranty’ or ‘customized project warranty’ can be agreed upon after evaluation of the specific application conditions.
• Purchaser shall not rely upon any other information or documentation.
This warranty only covers Products applied within their ‘intended’ or ‘normal use’ as defined by:
• Operating conditions are in accordance with the information on the Products and its packaging.
• Ambient temperature never exceeds the operating temperature range -20˚C to +30˚C (for LED tubes: -30˚C to + 45 ˚C).
• Relative humidity in the installation never exceeds 80% RH, or never exceeds the IP rating of the Product, if any, is provided.
• Products are operated in an open luminaire (and closed luminaire for LED tubes), with minimum 10 mm air around the body of the Products.
• Products are not subjected to more than a total of 50,000 switching cycles (with a switching cycle defined as 30 seconds ‘on’ and 30 seconds ‘off’);
• The electrical installation in which the Product operates is not subjected to voltage fluctuations in a range exceeding 230 V +/- 10%.
c) Summary Warranty Terms and Conditions (non-exhaustive)
• This warranty policy is valid only for products sold in Europe. In other regions, other conditions may apply.
• Products have been purchased directly from a SIGNATURE LED LIGHTING (sales) organisation.
• Proof of purchase is available for inspection by SIGNATURE LED LIGHTING.
• Products have been properly installed and operated in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
• Adequate records of operating history are available for inspection by SIGNATURE LED LIGHTING.
• A SIGNATURE LED LIGHTING representative will have access to the defective Products. If the Products or other parts become suspect, the representative shall have the right to invite other manufacturers’ representatives to evaluate the lighting systems.
• Labour costs for (de-)installation of the Products are not covered under this warranty.
Terms and Conditions
1) Limited Warranty
The warranty as described herein shall only apply to SIGNATURE LED LIGHTING branded lighting products sold by SIGNATURE LED LIGHTING in the territory of Europe (hereinafter referred to as ‘Product’). The warranty is only applicable to the party purchasing the products directly from SIGNATURE LED LIGHTING (hereinafter referred to as ‘Purchaser’).
SIGNATURE LED LIGHTING warrants that each Product will be free from defects in material and workmanship. The foregoing warranty shall be valid for the period mentioned in the applicable warranty policy for your Products as referenced in your sales agreement. If a Product fails to operate in accordance with this warranty SIGNATURE LED LIGHTING will provide free replacement of the failed Product subject to the applicable warranty policy and the limited warranty terms and conditions set forth below.
2) Terms and Conditions
SIGNATURE LED LIGHTING warranty flows only to Purchaser. If any Product covered by this warranty is returned by Purchaser in accordance with section 3 and within the applicable warranty period set forth in the warranty policy and upon examination
SIGNATURE LED LIGHTING determines to its satisfaction that such Product failed to satisfy this warranty, SIGNATURE LED LIGHTING will, at its option, repair or replace the Product or the defective part thereof or reimburse Purchaser for the purchase price. For purposes of clarity, ‘repair or replace the Product or the defective part thereof does not include any removal or reinstallation activities, costs, or expenses, including without limitation, labour costs or expenses.
• If SIGNATURE LED LIGHTING chooses to replace the Product and is not able to do so because it has been discontinued or is not available, SIGNATURE LED LIGHTING may refund the purchaser or replace the product with a comparable product (that can show small deviations in design and product specification).
• No agent, distributor, or dealer is authorized to change, modify, or extend the terms of the limited warranty on behalf of SIGNATURE LED LIGHTING, in any matter.
• This limited warranty only applies when the Product has been properly wired and installed and operated within the electrical values, operating range, and environmental conditions provided in the specifications, application guidelines, IEC standards, or any other document accompanying the Product. If a Product is found to be defective, or not performing per the product specifications, the Purchaser must notify SIGNATURE LED LIGHTING in writing.
• SIGNATURE LED LIGHTING will facilitate the technical resolution of problems. Third-party products sold by SIGNATURE LED LIGHTING are not covered under this warranty, except as indicated in section 5.
• This warranty does not apply to damage or failure to perform arising because of any Acts of God or from any abuse, misuse, abnormal use, or use in violation of any applicable standard, code, or instructions for use including without limitation those contained in the latest safety, industry and/or electrical standards for the relevant region(s).
• This warranty shall be void in the event any repairs or alterations, not duly authorized by SIGNATURE LED LIGHTING in writing, are made to the Product by any person. The manufacturing date of the product must be clearly readable. SIGNATURE LED LIGHTING reserves the right to make the final decision on the validity of any warranty claim.
• If requested by SIGNATURE LED LIGHTING, the non-conforming or defective Products shall become SIGNATURE LED LIGHTING’ property as soon as they have been replaced.
All warranty periods mentioned are subjected to a SIGNATURE LED LIGHTING representative having access to the failed product or system for verification of non-compliance. Guarantee claims must be reported and returned to the local SIGNATURE LED LIGHTING distributors office within 30 days after discovery, specifying at least the following information (additional info may be required on request):
• Details of the failed Products; for System warranties also details of other components used.
• Installation date and invoice date.
• Detailed problem description, number, and % of failures, date-code of failure.
• Application, hours burned, and switching cycles.
• Where a warranty claim is justified, SIGNATURE LED LIGHTING will pay for freight expenses. SIGNATURE LED LIGHTING may charge Customers for returned Products that are not found to be defective or non-conforming together with the freight, testing, and handling costs associated therewith.
4) No implied or other warranties
• The warranty and remedies contained in the terms of the limited warranty are the only warranties given by SIGNATURE LED LIGHTING with respect to the Products and are given in lieu of all other warranties, whether express or implied, including without limitation warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, which warranties are hereby disclaimed.
• These terms and conditions state SIGNATURE LED LIGHTING’ entire liability and obligation to Purchaser and Purchaser’s sole and exclusive remedy in connection with defective or non -conforming Products supplied by SIGNATURE LED LIGHTING to Customer, whether or not such damages are based on any warranty not explicitly mentioned in these terms and conditions, tort, contract or any other legal theory, even if SIGNATURE LED LIGHTING has been advised or is aware of such defects.
5) Limitations and conditions
• This is a limited warranty and excludes, among other items, installation, providing access to products (scaffolding, lifts, etc.), and special, incidental, and consequential damages (such as loss of revenue/profits, damage to property or other miscellaneous costs not previously mentioned), and is further defined by the limitations and conditions set forth in the respective warranty policy and these terms and conditions.
• Upon request, SIGNATURE LED LIGHTING’ representatives must be allowed to access the defective Product, system or application for verification of non-compliance.
• SIGNATURE LED LIGHTING cannot be held liable for electrical supply conditions, including supply spikes, over-voltage/under-voltage, and Ripple
Current control systems that are beyond the specified limits of the products and those defined by relevant supply standards (e.g., EN 50160 norms).
• With respect to products sold to the Purchaser by SIGNATURE LED LIGHTING. but not bearing the SIGNATURE LED LIGHTING name or sub-brands, SIGNATURE LED LIGHTING makes no warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, but will make available to the Purchaser upon request, but only to the extent permitted by law and relevant contracts, the warranties of the manufacturer of the relevant product.
6: The On-site Warranty period of one year, takes effect immediately after the invoice date of purchase of the product and providing that the On-site Warranty registration has been validly registered, and a certificate number has been produced by Signature LED Lighting Limited.
Please note any claims made within the warranty period, must be made to the Business Development Manager or Agent of Signature LED Lighting Limited via the supplying wholesaler direct and not to Signature LED Lighting Limited.
7.1 Signature LED Lighting Limited shall not be liable for the repair or replacement of any product in the event that it has failed due to any of the following: -
• Non-compliance with installation and safety regulations given in the installation instructions
• Faults caused by the installer through installation errors including, but not limited to, connection to an incorrect or unstable power supply
• If the Product has not been installed by a qualified electrician or authorized Signature LED Lighting Limited installer if applicable by law or regulation or as instructed by Signature LED Lighting Limited
• Inappropriate use or intentional damage by the owner or third parties
• Repairs carried out by parties other than a Signature LED Lighting Limited authorised representative
• External influences (e.g., weather, transit damage)
• Glass breakage and defective lamps excluding LED modules
• Use of non-approved parts such as lamps, care products, and incorrect or third-party supplied spare parts
• Accidental damage
• Exceeding the Product’s usage limitations
• Damage to lamps and glass components
This extended warranty does not cover the batteries supplied in emergency variants, for details of the battery warranty please refer to our standard warranty document.
7.2 Signature LED Lighting Limited shall not be liable for labour costs. Signature LED Lighting Limited shall not be liable for any loss of profit, or any special, indirect, or consequential loss, or any costs, damages, charges, fees, or expenses except for liability that Signature LED Lighting Limited is not allowed to exclude by law.
7.3 Signature LED Lighting Limited shall only be liable for repair costs carried out by Signature LED Lighting Limited’s approved technicians or authorised agents. If no fault can be found for which Signature LED Lighting Limited is responsible, in accordance with the terms & conditions of the On-site Warranty, Signature LED Lighting Limited reserves the right to invoice customers with reasonable costs in accordance with Signature LED Lighting Limited’s rates (as amended from time to time). Signature LED Lighting Limited shall not be liable for any loss of profit, or any special, indirect, or consequential loss, or any costs damages, charges, fees, or expenses except for liability that Signature LED Lighting Limited is not allowed to exclude by law.
7.4 Carriage costs of returned items are not covered by the Warranty.
7.5 In the event that there is a fault with a Signature LED Lighting Limited Product outside the On-site Warranty period and as specified by our general terms and conditions, customers are encouraged to claim under our standard product warranty, subject to the warranty terms and conditions therein.
8.1 If upon inspection a faulty item is considered beyond repair, Signature LED Lighting Limited reserves the right at its sole discretion to provide the customer with a new Product or one of equivalent specification.
8.2 Any Product repaired or replaced under the On-site Warranty will be covered for the duration of the original On-site Warranty and no new Extended Warranty will be provided or implied.
* Please be aware this warranty does not include any associated labour costs, other than those incurred by Signature LED Lighting Limited own technicians or appointed representative, provided any associated warranty claim is upheld.
9: Limitation of Liability
9.1 Signature LED Lighting Limited’s total liability in connection with the provision of the Products shall be limited to the price paid by the customer for that Product.
10: Customer contact centre
10.1 In the event of any technical queries, customers are requested to contact the Signature LED Lighting Limited Technical Helpline for advice and, if necessary, to arrange a suitable time for a visit from a Signature LED Lighting Limited authorised engineer. For the helpline, please dial 0151 420 6000 Monday – Friday between 8.00 am and 5.00 pm or email firstname.lastname@example.org
11: Further contact
11.1 If you have any queries regarding the standard and/or On-site Warranty, offered by Signature LED Lighting Limited, please contact our Customer Services department via email at email@example.com or by telephone on 0151 420 6000.